Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today is Voting Day!

Well, I went to my local polling place and stood in line for about 35 minutes. Not too bad, I thought - and the weather could not have been more beautiful this morning!

Speaking of things that are beautiful, as I was standing with my ballot in hand, waiting for a booth, I saw the backsides of 10 dutiful Americans. Stay with me now...And I got teary.

There was a mom with a baby, a middle-aged man in wingtips, a guy in construction gear, a foreign-born national with an Indian accent, an older woman in a suit carrying a Coach bag, a young person who looked like they just rolled out of bed...Americans.

Go Vote!

And tell me your story in the comments - how long did it take? who did you see? I can't wait to see democracy in action today.

3 comments:

Marne said...

Hey... I voted on Saturday... no line at the Brown County Courthouse.... but did see an old substitute teacher from fourth grade.... couldn't remember her name.... very tall and blonde.... has twins.... I was hoping to see Angie B's mom... when I voted in the primaries, she showed me pics of here fire red haired kid!

Sat was a lot of fun... I got to have lunch with you! It was great fun! I want to shop too.... I have two weeks off over Christmas... what is your schedule like? Love you!!

One more random thought... I am STILL using the e-mail address you helped me create in 1989 in the Kienow basement office on a nite we got together to watch friends or 90210...almost 10 years ago... and I get a TON of junk and spam mail cause I have been on distribution lists for that long. But, I thought it was worth mentioning!

Jessica Hartman said...

YEA!!!! Thanks for your comment...I was shocked when I talked some Atlantians who said waits were 2-4 hours. Can you believe it???

And yes, I still remember what the "76" in your email stands for...

Marne said...

Totally misprinted 1989... should have been 1998.... and yes, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for 2Es and AC football players!!