Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sing, sing, sing

Tonight was the first Messiah rehearsal...for me anyway. It was the 2nd for everyone else, but no matter. I soared. Kinda. And then not so much.

WHEW! I was all like, this isn't too bad, and then....THWAP! Runs, runs, runs - much faster than I can get my old brain and body to do anymore. At least for sight reading purposes. AND, no auditions for the solos (not that I would be able to do them anyway since I haven't practiced them...perhaps I should...just in case someone has an accident) (and not of the Nancy Kerrigan variety.) (Anywho.).

So yet again I am reminded of how much I have to practice in order to be as good as the others around me. Why is all of my talent limited to their pinkie fingers???????? Good thing it's not my career - I would be sorely disappointed.

At least my kitties aren't howling along with me in the piano room tonight.

No comments: