Sunday, June 13, 2010

Congratulations Amy!

The road more often traveled was taken this weekend to see Ms. Amy Lee in Chicago and to celebrate her achievement of GRADUATION FROM UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO SOCIAL SERVICE ADMINISTRATION program!!!!

After I arrived Friday morning, Mom, Dad, Kathy, Bill, Amy, and I all met for a nice bistro lunch at the Hyatt on Wacker Ave. You may or may not realize, but the Blackhawks have just won the Stanley Cup...and the parade went by our hotel...and the players and the Cup showed up for a reception in the atrium of our hotel...it was crazy!

We relaxed in the afternoon to get ready for the evening's festivities. The Hooding Ceremony was held at Rockefeller Chapel, where each SSA candidate was "hooded" over the graduation gown as their name was called. Mom, Kathy, and I all teared up as Amy walked across.

After the ceremony, we took quite a few photos and then went to dinner at Harry Caray's - cool! I had a delicious lasagna and highly recommend it.

On Saturday morning, we went to the Convocation at the campus, which was held outdoors in the Main Quadrangle. Upwards of 2400 people were being honored, so no names were read. In the middle, it POURED down rain - good thing the university provided a goody bag with a poncho and fan along with the program book.

The SSA building hosted a reception followig the Convocation, so we enjoyed champagne, popcorn, and other hors d'oevres with Amy and her classmates and families.

The weekend was a whirlwind, but I felt so honored to be there. No one could be prouder of Amy than I am!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you could make it! It certainly wouldn't have been the same without my adoring sister! I hope we can re-connect soon. Also~I feel it is important to note that you met the bf and seemed to take a liking to him as well.