Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ups and Downs - 20 weeks

Ok, time for this week's pregnancy Ups and Downs. We have made it halfway!

20 weeks. Wow. It seems like it has gone fast, and slow, all at the same time.

I guess that's what happens when you get busy with life, and start a new job, and go on vacation, and also spend 80% of the summer napping...

Well, the Downs this week were a bit of a doozy...but turned out in the best possible way they could have.

Down - on Thursday morning I had spotting. And tummy cramps. And back cramps. PANIC! I called the OB office right away and they wanted me to come in to get checked out.

So we showed up - and had to get worked in...so we waited probably about an hour (which isn't crazy) but by that point Jeff and I were very distraught, but trying NOT to be. We just had our 20 week appointment on Monday and everything was good, so to have this scare just a few days later was so sucky.

We got an ultrasound - and there was Peanut waving, and wiggling, and little heart beating at 166. Long story short - everything is fine! I have what they call a "friable cervix" (which means my cervix is sensitive, and with the increased blood volume just about anything can make it bleed).

So, it's possible I will have these symptoms again, and it will be ok again. They of course said to come in if I get worried, but I have some reassurance now that if it does happen again within the parameters that everything is probably FINE.

Up - I love this little baby so much already. I don't feel super 'bonded' yet, exactly, but he is so wanted by Jeff and me, and with this scare this week I found out how much my heart has grown already.

No comments: