Friday, October 18, 2013

Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

It's FALL! Weather is starting get cooler (ok, low 70's here but like 50's in the morning!) and I love to have a hot breakfast.

I found a version of this recipe on the internet (of course) and modified it just a bit for my liking.

It uses a crock pot - which I love for ease of use in cooking and the quantity of leftovers it makes! I got about 5 servings from this batch.

CROCK POT APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL

In a medium crock pot (coated with nonstick spray) layer in the following:

2 medium apples, sliced

(Mixed together)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

1 cup Quaker steel cut oats

4 cups of water (maybe a bit more)

Cook 6-8 hours on low, or until desired thickness. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have been eating all week for either breakfast or lunch (since I LOVE breakfast foods all day) and it is so filling and fall-like.

And it's a great way to use up some apples from our orchard visit (without making pie or crisp)!!

No comments: