Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Crescent City

My favorite adopted city in the U.S. is New Orleans. It's the ONLY place without family or friends that I have visited more than once. Five times, to be exact.

My love affair started in 1996 with the ELCA National Youth Gathering (woohoo!!!). Since then it has only grown. This time around, I was more than happy to get on a plane for work and head there for 3 days.

Gumbo, oysters on the half shell, shrimp with remoulade sauce, alligator bits, fried oysters, shrimp cocktail, HURRICANES, beignets, cafe au lait...this city was made for me.

Not to mention, I LOVE the French Quarter. So many shops to get lost in, plus beautiful architecture, plus such friendly people, plus music coming out of every other storefront. LOVE IT!

Have you been there? What's your favorite thing to do, or see, or eat?

No comments: