If you recall, I received an AWESOME Keurig home brewer for Christmas. The very small downside is that the K-Cups can be a little pricey.
So here are my tips to get the most bank for your buck.
1. Extra Bold flavors can stand 2 uses. Don't try this with the Breakfast Blend or other light roasts or you will be disappointed. But a dark French Roast, or the Newman's Own Organic Extra Bold, can definitely take at least 2 trips through the large cup setting on mine before tossing in the trash. Half price per cup if you utilize this method.
2. Use coupons. The best per cup cost I've found is the 18-packs sold at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $8.79 with a 20%-off coupon (regular price $10.99). $0.49 per cup.
3. QVC is NOT overrated, but can be overlooked. You are going to have to wait for the flavor you want, and wait for it to be featured at the price you want - but when you do, order up! (Hat tip to Marne for the giant pack of Pumpkin Spice around Christmastime.)
4. Buy in bulk. Sam's Club may be a great place to buy k-cups if you already have a membership. You had better know what you want though, because you're stuck with a big box. An 80-count box of Newman's Special Blend is available for $33.88. $0.42 per cup plus membership.
5. Samplers are your friend. Greatcoffee.com has some great samplers - you will pay a bit more but if you're like me, you will appreciate the variety.
Readers, what are your tips and tricks?