Saturday, February 21, 2009

Too bad

Kathleen Sebelius will hopefully do a good a good job as the HHS Secretary. But I am telling you, Tom Daschle had unmatched experience navigating the Senate and Washington in general, as well as some really incredible proposals for improving the health of every American.

I continue to lament the dumbness of not paying his taxes. We truly lost out on the opportunity for a great leader to contribute wonderful things to this country. And I hope Ms. Sebelius can live up to my expectations I had.

A side note, what about that high-speed commuter rail system? Can you imagine - real transit to places that matter? It's a wonderful idea. China did it. Why can't we? (wait, the government can't do whatever it likes...) I just hope it can get to the top of the stinking pile we are trying to deal with called the "financial crisis".

Also, I have been meaning to post my created "Dump 'em Together" recipe from last week. Here it is!

Mexican Bean Salad
1 regular can of black bans
1 small can of corn
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
2 tomatoes, cubed
6 celery stalks, sliced
1/2 cucumber
1/2 jar Mrs. Renfro's Mango Salsa
1/2 tsp salt

No comments: