Friday, October 10, 2008

Today's article (I am all teary)

I know, I know, this blog is supposed to be something fun, for my family and friends to read about our lives and what's happening with me and Jeff and the kitties.

BUT, I (unlike one Ms. Palin) read a TON of stuff - online journals, newspapers, op-eds, blogs, etc. And this one today made me tear up and I HAD to share it. Ok, you know me, I tear up a LOT (like at those motivational quarterly business rah-rah meetings from business leaders). I know. But whatever...anyway, this one is great.

The author, Frank Schaeffer, was one of the key founders of the 'religious right' fundamentalist movement. His latest book, "Crazy for God: How I Grew Up As One of the Elect, Helped Found the Religious Right and Lived to Take All (or Almost All) of It Back", is on my to-read list.

"Obama Will Be One of the Greatest (and Most Loved) American Presidents"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/obama-will-be-one-of-the_b_132843.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The poptart has surfaced!!! Perhaps I will eat it tomorrow