Friday, October 24, 2008

One of them, one of us

Today is a 2-post day (Hence the name of the post: one funny, one serious). First, Jeff is back (yea). And apparently feels very good today - losing weight, strong from harvest, new clothes, and neck adjustment from the chiro make Jeffy very happy!!! Or so he called to tell me :)

Funny story (not between my OWN mother and myself, but someone else...) from "Postcards from Yo Momma" (I am totally buying this for my mom when the book comes out):

Mom: hey chickie
Mom: made meatballs.what more can a poor working girl want than her mama’s company
Me: did you just call me a prostitute?
Mom: no, those are skanky working girls, with a tramp stamp you have a stamp, but not in the trampy spot
Me: oh man alive.
Mom: but don’t want to see you and j cupcaking
Me: what does that even mean?
Mom: and i am your peep you should check your vitals and dont talk smack about kathy fo shizzle obvi you are the bomb and ridonkulous beyond sick for shizzle tight and wack to boot a total nutter, and snogging your boo with a totes badonkadong. I been reading the aarp magazine. how many of those do you know?
Me: like- the old people magazine?
Mom: obvi tramp stamp
Me: You are scary.
Mom: bet i made your day huh we aarp’ers are right up on it
Mom: so what thinks you my baby girl am i cool or what?

Welcome to the 20-something relationship with the 50-something parent...with AARP bridging the gap for us all...

No comments: