Thursday, October 23, 2008

Living Oprah

I am a huge Oprah fan. Seriously. I think she is smart, a great role model, and I typically agree with her opinions. And yes, I interrupt people almost as much as she does (thanks for the leadership by example).

While Jeff has been gone, I tivo Oprah everyday, and indulge every night (it is WOOOOONDERRRFUL). And then I came across this blog:

http://www.livingoprah.com/

Which is hilarious. A tongue-in-cheek year of living as Oprah dictates. And she dictates a lot.

My biggest surprise? How much it costs to live as Oprah suggests...so far (Jan-Sep) it's cost that blogger $2823.85, and that's not counting the time value of money. (She also tracks the minutes of each activity).

While I rarely put into action everything Oprah says, the mere possibility that I have the control to become a better self is why I continue to tune in. And that is priceless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

El Caliente says

"Where are the new posts!"

Jessica Hartman said...

ONCE. PER. DAY. (usually).