Monday, October 6, 2008

Bravo!

Well, the show must go on, even if my partner in crime is in SD.

So - this weekend the Edina Chorale sang Beethoven's Calm Sea and Prosperous Voyage with Allegro Sinfonia [www.allegronotes.org] at the Wayzata Community Church. It went pretty well - even with the freaking high A's all over the place (whew).

I was sooo impressed by the orchestra - one of the finest community orchestras I've heard. Really, I can't believe they are not paid, and it is only freewill offering to attend!!!

They played 5 songs in addition to ours, all around the theme of 'water':

Handel's Water Music Suite
Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake (excerpt)
Strauss's On the Blue Danube (think Tide commercial), Thunder and Lightening Polka
Haydn's Violin Concerto in C - with a very find teenage violinst - wow!!!
Mozart's Sleigh Ride (I know, snow already!!!!)

What a great way to spend a rainy, blustery afternoon!

No comments: