Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fighting for breakfast

Occassionally, Jeff and I are on email at the same time and we can ALMOST talk in real time. Just for some background - I am the messy one, and Jeff is very clean and tidy. He keeps the ship running in tip-top shape. Here is today's email exchange:

Me: free cake. I BELIEVE it's celebrating something for KLM...maybe an anniversary of the partnership? In any case, KLM's logo was on the cake. The FREE cake.

Jeff: I can't believe you snagged the last poptart.....and left a mess on the counter.........How hard is it to put the spoon in the dishwasher and peels in the garbage???

Me: But it made the kitchen smell nice and citrus-y! Just kidding. I am a lazy bones. Sorry. But I will not apologize for taking a pop tart! I haven't had any yet.

Jeff: You didn't say you wanted any, I snuck them in the cart.....if you wanted some, you should have snuck some in too.......Man, be married is ROUGH....the man is always eating your poptarts!!!!!!

Me: Sorry. "The Man" will not eat them today and will bring them home for "Her Man". Love, your wifey.

PS - don't be surprised if this exchange ends up as a blog. Cuz it's hilarious.

Jeff: NO NO NO

You eat the poptart. But it's a breakfast item so you only have 5 minutes to eat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: What is the "NO NO NO"? I left the pop tart in the car so it lives for today.

Jeff: The "no no no" was telling you to enjoy the poptart...I've already healed from the heartbreak....I can't believe you would leave it in a car....it might be hot and suffer...Don't you have to be going to a meeting?

And alas, our email exchange ended, as I did (do) have to be going to a meeting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Despite saying the poptart would make a trip back home.....tonight....still no poptart....

For those of you who haven't tried them, they really are quite wonderful!