Friday, November 13, 2009

Could it get any redder?

Just when I thought I had seen it all in Georgia...I went to Alabama.

Ok seriously, it wasn't that bad but it just blows my mind that I live in the south and am fortunate enough to go to exotic cities like Birmingham.

On a kind of neat note - the Tutwiler Hotel had a photo gallery of historic Civil Rights moments captured in Birmingham. It's still hard to believe that the movement was not that long ago when the world is such a different place now.

Totally changing gears, but I am kind of sick of not having a husband or friends down here. I tried to get a date to the Twilight "New Moon" premiere next week but so far have been rejected by everyone I asked so far. Apparently their schedules are much busier than mine. Boo.

Any thoughts on how to make friends in a new city? Ok, maybe not even friends but just a movie buddy? Craigslist? (Just kidding!!!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

craigslist is good. im serious. you just have to meet in a public place. my friend from work met her boyfriend from craigslist and he is not crazy, note: she isn't either. think about it

Marne said...

Is Barnes and Noble close by or a quaint coffee shop? Those are places I end up talking to strangers and typically have things in common.... and it COULD even lead to a movie buddy ;)

Jessica Hartman said...

Ha ha, nothing is close by our house! Except our grocery store and Target. I'm not even sure there is a Barnes and Noble in Peachtree City - although I know there is a Starbucks, maybe I can meet a soccer mom there.

Anna said...

Church? Neighbors?

When we moved down here the drive through AL was by far the most entertaining! We wondered what we had gotten ourselves into.

Jessica Hartman said...

Anna - why are you reading my blog??? Shouldn't you be sleeping when possible?? Congrats again

Heidi Herbst said...

Jessica, we've been in Kansas City for 6 years and still have no friends to speak of. I know how bad is sucks! I'd go to New Moon with you, however, since as noted above, no friends, this also equals no babysitter.

Jessica Hartman said...

Aw, Heidi, that is awful!!! Shall we make a resolution to make one new "Just an F" (not BFF) in the next 6 months? We can report our progress on becoming likeable again right here on my blog!