Monday, November 16, 2009

This time, Pittsburgh

Any idea what it will be like? Anyone? Heading out tomorrow and sooooo not ready for it...I don't even have my appointments booked for Wednesday...lame, huh?

So, I looked at my calendar and figured out I have been gone a good portion of each work week for over a month. I am jonesing for 2 complete weeks at home, with Jeff, and the kitties. Not likely to happen until after Christmas, I'm afraid.

On the upside of life, a major project that I was handed ("new responsibilities" as a result of a downsized department, but I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong) about a week ago has been launched and put out to bid. I worked on it majorly all week last week, and this weekend - hopefully I will get some really awesome responses and "prove" to the business unit that my group, and myself in particular, is here to help, not hurt or dictate anything, and we can actually get them better deals than they could on their own. We shall see!

1 comment:

Marne said...

I always picture steel mines.... but my coworker from Europe said Pittsburgh reminded him of home :) he loved it! I'm guessing you will like it!