Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Atlanta Trip #2

Ok folks, today I left for the airport at 4:30am and arrived at home just after 10pm. So this is the only post you get.

All in all, it was a successful day - immediately upon arrival, we launched into the 2009 goals and direction session, complete with a networking get-to-know-you lunch in the middle. After the close of the meeting, there was also about an hour long Q&A with the HR Relo people - and after hearing everyone else, I got the feeling that I am on the front side of the process. A lot of others didn't even know where to start, and I already have my house listed!! Hopefully this helps me out...After the Q&A, I had a one-on-0ne meeting with my director regarding a project I am working on. It was my first 'work' with him, and I feel it went pretty well. I anticipated all of his questions and had data and numbers handy (he's a former finance guy) to back up my recommendations and address any of his thoughts/concerns.

After that it was time to hang at the airport, waiting for my flight...and then another 2 hour trip home!!! A full work day, plus 4 hours of air time, plus airport waiting time, makes for a tired Jessie.

No comments: