Friday, August 29, 2008

No thank you, we're full

Obama's campaign training seminar for this weekend is full. I guess they don't need anymore help to harass the Republicans while they are in town next week. So there goes this 'volunteer idea' from last night's falling-asleep-fest.

But as a previous Hillary supporter, I am aware the campaign will still gladly take my money. Or so says the past 5 emails I have received since the DNC convention started.

I think we have settled on being charitable - time and money, but time mostly - to our church (which is still yet to be decided) and the Red Cross, with small support to the SDSM&T Alumna Association. Oh, and the Ronald McDonald House (for ADPi). Oh, and MPR, because I love it.

A little cliche to support to the Red Cross, I know, but Jeff pointed out that they are freaking everywhere and all over the place when there is a crisis, as well as super-reputable organization. Plus, we both like the fact that they help both overseas and in our neighborhoods.

I love the idea of an emergency readiness kit. We kind of do it at our house already, by prepackaging our meds weekly, keeping water, lighting, batteries, flame, etc in the same place, having our important docs all in one grabbable fire-proof box. I will find out what else we need to do and get back to everyone.

No comments: