Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Job Perks Rule

Finally, I land a job with awesome perks (can you believe it gets better than discounted hand soap?) - I get to travel anywhere in the world on NWA, for free, as long as it is standby. Let me tell you about the illustrious bustling metropolises (metropoli?) where I have been as a leisure traveler:

Sioux Falls, SD
Waterloo, IA
Rapid City, SD (twice)
Chicago, IL

My passport is defunct due to my married name change and Jeff's expires in September. What do you think our chances are of us going to some cool places before the company merges (ie, NWA does not exist anymore)?

Ok, I will probably eventually bite the bullet and cough up the $150 to get new passports so we can do a World Business Class flight direct to Amsterdam, and another direct to Paris or London. Because seriously, how lame would I be if I worked for an airline and only went places I could technically drive to?

Everybody, keep bugging us to do this! Encouragement is key!! Since we might not get it done on our own!!!

2 comments:

Marne said...

OK... so I hope you don't find this creepy... but I'm getting a little addicted to your BLOG! I checked it this am and you hadn't written... I was so disappointed!

OK... so here is my encouragement on the passport... JUST DO IT! You HAVE to get to Europe on the free tickets (and Vegas!)!

So... regarding the perks... I have to say, Bobcat is pretty good if you are a helluva lucky girl! I won a CT225 see link: http://www.bobcat.com/utility_machines/tractors/ct225 at the compay picnic two weeks ago - to celebrate Bobcat's 50 years Unleashed celebration! Holy Crap! I was surprised... how fun! I would've settled for a Wii... but will take the tractor!

I'm LOVING the random conversations... it's helping me procrastinate from my school work! Ha! This class... building relationships. One may think this is about working with people in groups to operate more efficiently (I did).... turns out it is about managing my career, building (aka networking... Thanks mom!)relationships with those that can help advance my career! So far it has been like my semester in sociology... hope it gets better.

So... what is your confidence level on getting away for Vegas!?!?! I was going to order show tickets in the next week or so... (Wayne Brady and a cirque de soleil)... MISS YOU!

Marn

Jessica Hartman said...

YEA!!! Addictions are good!!!! I am pumped somebody's reading. Thanks Marn (and mom and dad).

In some circles winning the Bobcat would be considered "ghetto" but in others it would be "darn lucky". I think you fall into the latter category (or is it former? I can never remember). Anyway, lucky.

Seriously, join LinkedIn for some networking help. I am hoping it will come through for me in a few months.

Ah Vegas, sometimes I feel stoked, sometimes I am like, When will I get fired, I mean re-organized out? Hopefully will know more tomorrow after our staff meeting and my mid-year review...