Friday, March 2, 2012

A Bit Stagnant

Guess what the scale feedback in week over week change was. -0.4. WHAT? I haven't lost that little except for one week - before Christmas.

The check-in ladies say, "A loss is a loss. Keep it up!"

I say, "DAMMIT. I was expecting at least -1.0. I was hoping for closer to 2.0. I am soooo close to losing 10% - which for me, is a lot of lbs. Why didn't it happen? I must immediately go and consult my charts and graphs to find out what has changed."

There are people at Weight Watchers who HATE tracking. Not me. I love it. As long as you are being HONEST (which really, why wouldn't you), it is the most effective way to not only modify your behavior at the current moment but also do a bit o' statistical analysis on your past to help plan for the future.

Here are my favorite tools that are part of eTools (which I employed last night to make a plan for this week):
1. Weight Tracker. A line graph of week to week how much weight you lost.

2. Progress Reports - Weekly Report. A week to week report of average daily points used, average weekly points used, and average activity points earned.

3. Smiley Faces. In weeks with good progress, did I meet all my Good Health Guidelines (5 fruits & veggies, 2 dairy, 2 oils, whole grains, water).

4. Monthly summary. A non-graphical snapshot of key data - days of tracking, activity earned, weight change.

5. Measurements. Get out the measuring tape and measure your waist, hips, chest, or whatever - there's a place to track it and graph it.

I use these tools to go back to 'big loss weeks' or other time periods (ie, 4 weeks at a time) to reinforce that GOOD BEHAVIORS GET RESULTS.

This week - I only got 17 activity points. Prior to eye surgery - when I was getting better results - I would get between 24 and 33 activity points, and barely used any weekly points. So, both of those will be a focus for me this week - more activity, and stick to my daily allowance only!

2 comments:

Heidi Herbst said...

A loss is a loss and it seems you may have found the culprit. Sounds like you're doing all of the right things. Keep up the good work.

Megan said...

I hope this week is MUCH better for you!! I know how discouraging and frustrating it can be to not lose much (or even gain), but you just have to take it in stride, evaluate, and get right back to it. Which is exactly what it seems like you are doing. I am proud of you girl!

And it is strange that you lost 0.4 and I gained 0.4. Exact same amounts, just in the opposite directions! Crazy, huh?