Friday, June 10, 2011

Tudor England

I seriously cannot get enough of England during the War of the Roses, Henry VIII, and Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth.

It seems like every single book I have read lately has to do with this time period, and I am UNAPOLOGETIC for it!!!

And I am extremely grateful to Phillippa Gregory for writing what seems like a bazillion historical novels to feed my obsession.

Here is my list of titles I have finished so far (thanks to the Kindle!!!):

1. The Queen's Fool - A secret Jewish girl is serving Queen Mary and Princess Elizabeth at court as their fool, takes a different view of the country at that time.

2. The Boleyn Inheritance - Jane Boleyn / Lady Rochford, Katherine Howard, and Anne of Cleves story

3. The Red Queen - The story Elizabeth Woodville, the queen consort of King Edward IV of England and mother of the Princes in the Tower.

4. The White Queen - The story of Lady Margaret Beaufort and her ambition to place her son Henry Tudor on the English throne.

5. I have downloaded The Virgin's Lover (about Elizabeth I) for consumption next...

What are you favorite novels and genres of the moment?

No comments: