Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gingivitis

My name is Jessica, and I have Gingivitis.

But not as bad as I DID. When I went to the dentist for the first time last year in probably 5 years, I was shocked that my body had gotten older and more worn out, without me knowing it.

I got a really deep (and painful) cleaning where they pull back...anyway, you don't want to hear the details. They also recommended I come in every 3-4 months for another regular cleaning to get things in check.

This week, I went in again for the 4th time in a year. And...drumroll...I have only 3 areas that are still 4mm!!! Everything else has gotten better! It is likely a result of my increased efforts, better diet, and decrease in insulin resistance / no meds.

How did I increase my efforts? Well, I had always been a daily brusher, but I swapped out my manual toothbrush for a Sonicare.


I also began using DenTek floss picks to encourage more frequent flossing...(does anyone else hate doing that?). These help.


I also found out that Gum Disease can be a contributing factor to heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. So - if you haven't flossed today...go do it!

1 comment:

Calvin Fred said...
This comment has been removed by the author.