Monday, July 20, 2009

A weekend of adventure

Saturday was a productive day of doing not much. However, in honor of the upcoming high school reunion, I spent a portion of Saturday blowing money at Target. Here is the booty: 2 new nail polishes plus remover, a puzzle (mom, I rescind my guilt-inducing comment from Christmas about hating puzzles because it turns out I kinda like them. You know me better than I know myself sometimes!), a new Tae Bo DVD, and bird seed (evidenced by the bird book). As always you can see our faithful Bella keeping us company during a project. I bet you can also see Jeff's new toy (also a throwback to high school), a new remote control for his airplane.



Sunday we decided Maddie was bored and needed some exercise because she really is too chubby. And we figured said chubbiness would prevent her from climbing our six-foot fence in the yard (it did). So we let her outside, supervised of course.

I love this one because it shows how she was SO STEALTHY outside. She walked along the rock so as not to make a sound, and hid in bushes and stuff until she decided to chase butterflies, birds, squirrels, and chipmunks (yes it is wild kingdom in the backyard).

And probably my favorite photo of the day, a totally relaxed Jeff, playing baby sitter to Maddie during her adventure and enjoying the Minnesota-like weather of the weekend (high 70s and low humidity!!!). It was glorious!

No comments: