Monday, July 27, 2009

Party = Success!

Jeff and I hosted our first PAR-TAY in Atlanta this weekend. I invited the 20 people I knew, and they were all from work (yes, I know that might be lame but I can't help it, I don't have a big social circle yet. Plus I really, really like my coworkers! pictured below but minus Matt).




I think it went great! We had probably around 15 people show up by 5pm, and served burgers, cheese dogs, steak and chicken, plus fruit salad, macaroni salad, a veggie tray, chips, and brownies. And the world's best icebreaker? A half-finished puzzle sitting on the table (see previous post). Who would have thought that??



We debated what kind of beer to buy and decided to BYOB since we just had no clue. Turns out, this crowd is a red wine (or margarita) crowd. Good to know for next time! And, the zipline even got used...now THAT was a party. Thanks to Carol and Elaine for the beautiful flowers!



Hmmm...what should we do next? Margaritaville? Rock Band festival? Murder mystery dinner?

No comments: