Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bad Fiction

Do you ever pick up a book (or download it, in my case) and although you're pretty sure it sucks after ready the first 10 pages, you can't put it down?

Enter Fifty Shades of Grey.  I'm sure if you're female you've heard of it.  Men, you can stop reading here. 

The dialogue is clunky, the characters are only sort of developed, and there is an inordinate amount of time spent on things I tend to skip over (you know what I mean).

Also, my pet peeve is present - REPEATED PHRASES.  I hate that.  Especially in a trilogy.  Just because it's a new book doesn't mean you can repeat a phrase.  I WILL remember it from the book I just finished.  Ugh.  Annoying.

Anyway, for some reason, I have devoured the first 2 books of the Fifty Shades series even though I don't really like them.  I am just so curious about what will happen to the 2 main characters (will Leila find them and shoot them? will Jack make a pass at Ana? will they have a huge fight?). 

It's kind of like a train wreck.  Or an episode of Real Housewives.  So I guess I keep reading. 

I have a feeling that when I finish the final book I will still be unimpressed, yet probably glad I particpated in a pop culture phenomenon.

No comments: