Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thai good-for-you Recipe

I am taking the opportunity while Jeff is away to expand my cooking skills and food horizon.

I am fortunate enough to eat out at some really nice restaurants and meet some really great chefs in the business that I am in.

Unfortunately, I have not been successful recreating anything at home.

Till now.

Voila! I give you my healthy version of Thai Curry Chicken.

Start your Jasmine Rice in your rice cooker first. No rice cooker? GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! The best small appliance since my popcorn popper.

Season Chicken Breast pieces (not whole but not too small), green bell pepper, and white onion pieces with curry powder. (Dry off the chicken and veggies to help the seasoning 'stick').

Preheat 2 tbsp EVOO in a non-stick pan.

Saute the chicken and veggies for 5-7 minutes, turning once, to get a nice brown crust.

Add 1 cup of water and simmer for 30-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through. (Note, I think next time I will eliminate the water / simmer part and just keep sauteeing until cooked through since I like my veggies crisp and the water made them a bit soggy.)

No comments: