Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mexican a la Healthy

As previously mentioned, I like to take the opportunity during harvest (when I am by myself) to test out some new recipes.

For one, if it isn't that good, I don't care - I'll eat it anyway. When Jeff is around, I feel like I am letting him down if it sucks!

For two, I experiment with ingredients - some of which maybe both of us do not like.

For three, see number one for the outcome of number two.

So here's todays Healthy Mexican Fiesta dish:

Cut into large chunks (about 1x1") and add to 9x9 square baking dish:
1/2 sweet white onion
1 medium green pepper
2 medium chicken breasts

Add 1 can reduced sodium Bush's Black Beans, 1 can mild green chilies, and 1 can mild La Preferida Enchilada Sauce.

Stir until mixed, and top with 1/2 cup reduced fat Sargento Mexican 4-cheese blend.

Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes (depending on how 'done' you like your veggies).

Serve open-faced on a flour tortilla.

Note: this will be 'runny' because of the veggies' water, but just use the tortilla to sop it up!!!


No comments: