Thursday, August 4, 2011

August in South Dakota

My cousin Spencer is getting married this weekend!!!

I am getting really excited to visit South Dakota in August this weekend. I was back last summer in July when the days were long, the corn was growing like crazy, and it was hot. This weekend, I am hoping the sweet corn will be ready to eat and the weather will cooperate!

It will also be a family reunion of sorts - not only will Mom and Dad be there (of course), Amy, Jeff, and I will also be staying with the folks.

I believe a lot of my extended family will be attending as well. When we were kids we had just about every holiday at Grandma and Grandpa Kienow's and I have such fond memories of playing with my cousins and seeing my aunts and uncles. Now that everyone is grown up, we need an official excuse (like a wedding) to gather everyone back together in South Dakota. I can't wait!

No comments: