Friday, December 17, 2010
Just in time for Christmas...
Red Velvet Cake Truffles
1 box red velvet cake mix (bake as directed on box for 9 X 13 cake)
1 batch cream cheese frosting
1 package white chocolate bark
Green or Red sprinkles
Cream cheese frosting:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix crumbled cake thoroughly with batch of cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package. Note, only melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It’s easier to work with when it’s hot.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
7. Sprinkle with green or red sprinkles.