Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jessica's Favorite Things

Sorry for the lack of posting, internets! BUT - we had a WONDERFUL vacation beginning last Friday until Tuesday in....IRELAND!!!

And I promised my dad I wouldn't post anything until we got back. This resulted from a previous Facebook post in which I mentioned the parents and us were looking for recommendations for our Ireland trip. Which apparently got the word back to my Mom and Dad's friends that they were getting ready to go vacationing...and they hadn't told anyone yet. OOPS. Anywho, we're back! Look for photos tomorrow.

In the meantime, did anyone see Barney's Favorite Things on "How I Met Your Mother" on Monday? I LOVED the spoof on Oprah (because I love all things Oprah), and it gave me the idea to choose 5 of MY favorite things this Christmas.

1. Smartwool Socks. What??? Where did these come from and how did I miss the train? They are warm but don't let your feet get sweaty. Amazing! But at $17 a pair a little pricey - try to find them on sale.

2. Coco Mademoiselle perfume gift set. YUMMY. Other acceptable items are Lancome's Hypnose, or other bergamot / spicy scents.


3. Costume Jewelry. Big. Bold. Borderline Gaudy. MINE!

4. A year's supply of Jameson and Ginger Ale. Hey, I am still in vacation mode :)

5. Sour Cream Cutout Cookies. These are my favorite all-time Christmas cookie - but with this recipe only! And if I can eat, like maybe 100, and don't have to make them...that is my favorite present, I think!

No comments: