Friday, April 23, 2010

STAR Awards

Hooray for Diversity! We had our 2010 Supplier Diversity Star Awards today, honoring the top-performing small, minority, and women owned business that work with my company. I am proud to say that I am a Supplier Diversity Champion, helping my team stay focused on offering diverse suppliers the opportunities to business with us.

I love when you can take some time out from the daily grind and honor your strategic partners, those who work really hard to make your business work. It's important to celebrate achievements once in awhile, and a Friday afternoon luncheon was a great way to do it.

Our keynote speaker, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed stated: “Enlisting the services of qualified small, women, and minority owned firms, makes good business sense in a very competitive world."

Hats off to those who help us succeed!

No comments: