Monday, September 21, 2009

Rain, rain, go away!

We are caught in a tropical rain pattern. Something about low pressure circling and bringing up rain from the Gulf. Anywho, it has been raining since Wednesday last week.

This morning I am on my morning walk - inside, mind you (it's still raining) - and on the news there are SCHOOL CLOSURES! Can you believe it? I thought to myself, what wimps, just a little rain and they close school. It's not like the busses can't start because it's too cold.

Then they started showing images of the metro (courtesy 11 Alive). And now 2 people have died from being swept away. I guess this is more serious than I thought:

Water rushes over the Yonah Dam in Stephens County after heavy rains.


Stephens County, Douglas County and Villa Rica are under a boil water advisory Monday morning because of burst water pipes
Random image from a town north of the city

1 comment:

Anna said...

Very interesting. Has Lake Lanier rebounded from the past few years to be back to normal water levels yet? Are you below, at or above average in rainfall depths for the year? It's been raining a fair amount here; although I don't think as much as it has been for y'all.