Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Faux Healthy

This product is on my SHIT LIST.

Mostly because they (the company) have TRICKED me into thinking they are HEALTHY when they are NOT.

I like to call this the beginning of my FAUX-HEALTHY list of f*ckers.

Odwalla Chewy Nut Bar White Chocolate Macadamia

Packaging says "crunchy nuts & hearty oats" and "Good Source of Five Essential Vitamins & Minerals including Antioxidant Vitamins A, C, & E.

Guess what folks.  TWO HUNDRED AND TEN CALORIES.  That sucks

Guess what else.  TEN GRAMS OF FAT.  That sucks even more.

And - only 3 grams of Protein and 2 grams of Fiber. 

Here is what I should have had instead: Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie.

Why?  Because it's delicious.  And incredibly indulgent.  And I am making a CHOICE to be unhealty (not a sneak attack of unhealthy)...and even still, it's 170 calories and 7 grams of fat...BOTH LESS than the Odwalla bar.

Consider me smarter than yesterday.

No comments: