Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DIY-ing

At the commencement of this renovation project, I was so excited to get my hands 'dirty', to learn new skills, to have pride in a project, and to save money.

I have decided all of those noble things are COMPLETELY overrated.

Except the 'save money' part. I am super glad we were able to get a nicer floor by saving money on the installation.

However, we have not actually started stapling the floor - so I reserve the right to change my mind.

I am super proud of how hard Jeff's been working on this - if not for him, I would FOR SURE have hired everything out. As it stands, all ceilings and walls are painted with 2 coats, all the floors are prepped, we have practiced racking, and we have all materials (even a new flooring stapler) purchased. (Do not ask us how many trips to both Lowe's and Home Depot, and another Home Depot, we have taken in the past 3 weeks.)

WE ARE READY FOR THE WEEKEND!

No comments: