Monday, October 18, 2010

A new recipe

The other night I made baked chicken in a fancied-up kind of way. But I 'think' it was probably still pretty healthy. (Maybe a little sodium heavy though.)

Layer in as follows ~
2 tbsp olive oil
3 large chicken breasts (turn chicken once in the pan to coat with OO)
small jar sundried tomatoes
1 tbsp capers
1/4 cup feta cheese
sprinkle parmesan

Bake at 350 uncovered for 20-30 minutes. Serve over orzo pasta with green beans on the side.

Then today, I was sick of the leftovers (again) from this meal (with Jeff gone, the leftovers go REALLY SLOWLY), so I prepped myself a little salad.

I took mixed bagged greens (with spinach and raddachio) and plopped most of the leftovers into a rubbermaid, with a little orzo and green beans on top. For lunch today, I topped it off with 2 tbsp light balsamic vinaigrette, mixed it up really well, and ate it cold. A totally different take, and taste, on the leftovers!!!!

Let me know if you try it and what you think...

No comments: