Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fall chores

Today, we put out our Halloween flag! Who doesn't love friendly pumkins and a Maddie-looking Halloween kitty?

I also got my fall decorations out and bought a cinnamon scented broom thing, to make my house smell like fall. Oh, and I bought bruised and dented Honeycrsip apples for $2.99/lb (still worth it). I know it will never live up to the bushel we picked ourselves in Minnesota and made lots of apple crisp with, but it works.

Jeff did some last minute yard work: trimmed up our bushes, threw down Weed B Gone, hauled some potting soil up from the shed, and helped me plant 2 pansy pots - a big one for the garage, and a smaller one for the back porch. I can't wait to enjoy them all winter (haha, Midwesterners!).



Just a few more chores to do before harvest...but in the meantime we are enjoying the end of a perfect fall day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great! Can't wait to visit!