Thursday, September 9, 2010

Walking in Memphis

I have just returned from a quickie 2-day trip to Memphis, TN. And I am in love.

Memphis is definitely on my list to do a weekend trip now - the city of blues, rock and roll, and barbeque has stolen my heart (but New Orleans is still my #1, I think. Maybe.).

Food:
I ate ribs, slaw, and beans at Blues City Cafe (featured on the Travel Channel, Bobby Flay's show, and Bon Apetit Magazine), Rendevous (famous "dry ribs"), and Neely's (as in, Down Home with the Neely's on the Food Network). Oh, and I had a pulled pork sandwich too.

Music:
Memphis is home to Graceland, BB King, Kings of Leon, and Justin Timberlake. I mean seriously...there are about a million ways to hear good tunes any night of the week. Beale Street, to me, could go on forever!

Flying:
Memphis is the home of FedEx and it was super, super cool to see all the GIANT FedEx cargo planes at the airport. (Especially if you are a little nerdy.)

Festivals:
Memphis in May, Bike Week, Beale Street Blues Festival, the Liberty Bowl...the list goes on!

Pack your bags and get ready, Kienows...this may be our next family destination!!!

No comments: