I. Love. My. Family.
And not just in the you-love-them-because-they're-family kind of way. I would CHOOSE to love them if they were not my family.
I feel so fortunate to have spent 5 days back on the Kienow farm, surrounded by family. I miss them all so much when we are far away, but a few hours back...and it's like there has never been any time or space between us.
Additional reasons why this Christmas rocked:
1. The weather was PHENOMENAL. If global warming means winters like this year in SD, I may have to change my voting sign to "R".
2. My goofy family is hilariously goofy. Case example 1: Amy's boyfriend, James, joined us for his first holiday...I can only imagine what he thought. "You don't want to go to town? Really? Well, ok. But don't snoop around." Case example 2: We all played Kinect. Even mom and dad...they bowled COMPETITIVELY with each other...followed up by a boxing match...which mom won.
3. My mom is a decorating GENIUS. I have never, ever, EVER seen the halls decked quite like my mom's house this year - except maybe in House Beatiful. Things were lit up all over, with the lights reflecting in chandeliers and sparkly things...very blingy...and everywhere you looked there was a little Christmas cheer looking back at you.
4. Extended family bonding is brought to you by Winchester, Ruger, and Beretta. Dude. We all shot guns on Christmas Day.
5. Food tastes better with family. Steak. Ham. Turkey. Shrimp. Sausage. Potatoes. Stuffing. Jambalaya. Salads (for good measure).
And of course...Oyster Stew. Come on, people! It's seriously the best.
6. And finally Napping. Much napping. Because everyone needs a little break from family at some point, too.