Saturday, March 19, 2011

Two Doves

Doves are the symbol of love, peace, and serenity. So I think it totally fitting after the crazy week last week that I have spotted a pair in our backyard.

And not only did I spot them - we saw some nesting material. We were not sure if it was nesting material since it was actually ON THE TRAY FEEDER and we thought surely there would be too much traffic for them to start a nest.

So we cleaned off the 'debris' and about an hour later, a mama dove came to sit on the nest-in-progress while the daddy dove kept watch on the deck railing.

I still can't believe this will be their final nesting place - after all, we go through a 40-lb bag of birdseed in about 2 weeks...but who knows!? Maybe the universe is telling me to get a little more peace and serenity in my life.

No comments: