Friday, September 25, 2015

Skinny Jeans

So, my pants are looser.  YAY.

I took a trip to Lane Bryant to buy a new pair of black pants for work.  They are a size down, and that feels great.

I also tried on a bunch of other stuff.  On a whim, and because I was feeling confident (hey, I was preparing to buy a smaller pants size), I decided to try on skinny jeans and a graphic tee.

The jeans were SUPER comfortable - they were super super stretch.  The tee had too big of a neck.  I thought I finally looked trendy and cute.


But did I really?  Skinny jeans on a plus-size lady?  With a slouchy shirt?  Was I just grasping to be on trend?

So I employed my stylists - my mom and sister - via text.  One suggested grabbing a boot cut instead, and then told me that skinny jeans are going out of style.  Then the other one agreed, on Hoda & Kathy Lee (or some show like that) they said skinny jeans are out.

So the clothes stayed on the floor of the dressing room.  I left with my single pair of black pants.

All was not lost.  I came home to this cute art project from CMO.

And cementing my mommy of the year status...a picture of my kid with string around his head, watching Thomas...you're welcome.