Friday, September 25, 2015

Skinny Jeans

So, my pants are looser.  YAY.

I took a trip to Lane Bryant to buy a new pair of black pants for work.  They are a size down, and that feels great.

I also tried on a bunch of other stuff.  On a whim, and because I was feeling confident (hey, I was preparing to buy a smaller pants size), I decided to try on skinny jeans and a graphic tee.

The jeans were SUPER comfortable - they were super super stretch.  The tee had too big of a neck.  I thought I finally looked trendy and cute.


But did I really?  Skinny jeans on a plus-size lady?  With a slouchy shirt?  Was I just grasping to be on trend?

So I employed my stylists - my mom and sister - via text.  One suggested grabbing a boot cut instead, and then told me that skinny jeans are going out of style.  Then the other one agreed, on Hoda & Kathy Lee (or some show like that) they said skinny jeans are out.

So the clothes stayed on the floor of the dressing room.  I left with my single pair of black pants.

All was not lost.  I came home to this cute art project from CMO.

And cementing my mommy of the year status...a picture of my kid with string around his head, watching Thomas...you're welcome.

No comments: