Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Deserve It.

Do you get to the end of a long day or a long week and look at wine / pizza / cookies / brownies / cheese / crackers / etc and think, "Yep, I worked my ass off. I deserve this"? 

I do. 

But I'm working on this.

Because I also deserve to go up a flight of stairs while chatting with a coworker and not huff n puff.

I deserve the chance to carry a baby.

I deserve to shop at Macy's.

I deserve to learn to ride a horse without worrying I will hurt it.

I deserve to provide emotional support to my family and friends without being physically exhausted at the end of the day.

I deserve to buy sexy stuff at Victoria's Secret.

I deserve to breathe better, even with stupid ass-mar.

I deserve to be the person I see in my head.

And hopefully all of that outweighs deserving to have cookies. 

(Like I said, I'm working on this...)

1 comment:

Marne said...

I love this post....it's like you are in my head. I haven't figured out how to get inspired to overcome the short fixes of what I think makes me happy... To get what we deserve. Thanks for writing about how so many of us feel. Hugs!!