Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vitamins and Viactiv

I really feel like I don't get enough fruits and vegetables in my diet. Also, I don't really drink milk, although I do eat cheese and greek yogurt almost daily. (One bothers my digestion, the other 2 don't!)

To combat any sort of things that might be missing, I have been taking a multivitamin. Specifically, the Women's One-A-Day which I have been taking at night with my other asthma and allergy pills.

I did just read on the bottle this last time that there contains only 50% of the daily calcium recommended in the pill. OOPS - I thought I was good all this time (see also, 2 broken teeth in the past 3 years).

So, I picked up some Viactiv Chocolate Chews and keep them in my desk drawer at work - to eat with lunch.

Not the best dessert, but this way I am 1) taking a supplement with food, 2) getting the 100% recommended calcium every day, and 3) having a sweet thing for only 20 calories after the meal.

Win-win!

No comments: