Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sexism...or Migraines?

I am no fan of Michele Bachmann. I disagree with her on, well, just about everything. I contributed money to every opponent she had when we lived in her district.

But, that lack of vision alignment does not make me disrespect her as woman trying to make it in a man's field.

Which is why the recent news about "will her migraines keep her from her job" just boils me up.

I understand being president of the United States is a HUGE job. Maybe even the biggest. And the American people have a right to know if a candidate has a medical issue that could threaten their ability to do the job.

But seriously? Migraines are bad, the symptoms are extremely bad - but it's TREATABLE. Especially given what Ms. Bachmann has listed as triggers for her condition and that it is currently treated with medication.

Sometimes the media drives me crazy!

No comments: